God desires that we as true believers, live a life free from worry, stress, and anxiety. Moreover, according to His Word, he challenges all that are heavy laden to come and learn of Him, for His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Now, when we look at the term yoke it denotes that part that rests on the shoulders and holds us together holistically (spiritually, emotionally, and physically). Matthew 11:28-30 (AMP)
Divine Stress Antidotes
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day un-rushed.
4. Say No to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate certain tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and declutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two can be too much!)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t constrain yourself to unreasonable deadlines
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it (that’s useless worrying).
12. Live within your budget.
13. Every night before bed, think of one thing to be grateful for!
From a greater perspective – the antidote for living a stressed managed life is “Mindfulness!” Mindfulness is a very simple practice that requires an individual to stay focused on the hear and now without judgement or worry about whatever else is going on around in the environment…
Moreover, it requires an awareness to change those that things that are unacceptable & changeable and requires and acceptance for those things that are deemed by the person as unchangeable.
Lastly, it is imperative for those that dare to believe to always be mindful of the fact that you have a Resurrected Savior that knows what you are going thru, where you are, and can do anything but fail!
God Bless – A Note From The Counselor’s Corner,
Dalton Kornegay, PhD