2 Tim 3:15-17 And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness].
Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),
So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Col 1:21-23 And although you at one time were estranged and alienated from Him and were of hostile attitude of mind in your wicked activities,
Yet now has [Christ, the Messiah] reconciled [you to God] in the body of His flesh through death, in order to present you holy and faultless and irreproachable in His [the Father’s] presence.
[And this He will do] provided that you continue to stay with and in the faith [in Christ], well-grounded and settled and steadfast, not shifting or moving away from the hope [which rests on and is inspired by] the glad tidings (the Gospel), which you heard and which has been preached [as being designed for and offered without restrictions] to every person under heaven, and of which [Gospel] I, Paul, became a minister.
What is Change?
To make a difference in some particular area or thing, to alter, to make radically different, to transform, to give a different position, course, or direction, to replace, to switch, to undergo modification, to pass from one phase to another, to shift, to transfer, transition, or substitution.
Who or what is a Change Agent? A representative or individual that initiates and establishes Change or creates a chain of events.
What is the benefits of Change? It gives you knowledge in the likeness of the One who created it, removes and defeats the sin nature that’s ever before you, and allows you to walk in Victory in every area of your life, Why? Because you are now doing God’s way and according to His leading! So often in life, man walks around in his short mortal life span in constant defeat only because he has not partaken of the sacred Writings of Jehovah and accepted the finished work he completed on Calvary’s Cross.
- Change also gives the one that dare to believe, a new mentality or intellect
- Brings emotional stability
- And Change gives you a better physical appearance to those around you
Actions that lead to immediate Change:
- Establishment or re-establishment of a solid relationship with God and your love ones
- Set goals for yourself
- Have expectations for various accomplishments
- Take responsibility for your actions (good or bad); if you realized that you’ve made a mistake and miss the mark, know that it’s okay and that’s one mistake that you do not have to make again
- Understand that you have limits in life and when you exceed life boundaries there are consequences for your actions!
- Learn to participate in some form of Spiritual Training for your life – where you can reflect on God’s love, know that God’s position never changes, include God in every area of your life; which include your daily activities, realize the importance of health & nutrition – which do have an effect on the mind and the way you think, stay connected to God’s love, walk in submission to both God and those that are in authority over you, and understand that God desires for you to operate in the Spirit of Excellence in order that you may become more Christ like everyday.
In summation, refocus your mind to the things of God, refill your mind with Godly thoughts, and renew your mind to doing things God’s way!
God Bless – A Note From The Counselor’s Corner,
Dalton Kornegay, PhD